This is the best way to ensure tender, juicy, flavorful gizzards! One healthy snack that’s super quick to make!
Air Fryer Chicken Gizzards
- Yield: Serves 2
1 lb. Chicken Gizzards, cleaned, trimmed, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/4 c. All-Purpose Flour, can use GF
1/4 c. Corn Starch, can use arrowroot powder
2 Eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Paprika
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil then turn down to medium-low. Add in the gizzard pieces, ensuring the water does not come back to a boil.
- Cook for 1-2 hours, this ensures nice and tenderized gizzard pieces.
- Remove from water and allow to dry atop a paper towel lined baking sheet.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400º F.
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg.
- Dip each piece of gizzard into the beaten egg and then roll in the seasoned flour mixture. Coat them evenly then place onto the basket/tray, ensuring a single, uncrowded layer. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Spray lightly with cooking oil and cook for 10 minutes, shaking/tossing often throughout the cooking process to ensure even browning.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce!
Adhere to your own air fryer instructions for proper cook times/food sizes.
Pair with your favorite dipping sauces; share yours with us!