This is an easy set-it-and-forget-it kind of meal! As long as you’ve done the prep work and get a boneless roast, this is great to come home to after Sunday church!
2.65 lbs. Lamb Roast, boneless preferred to ensure quick cooking and proper fit inside your air fryer
10.5 lbs. Potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tsp. Rosemary
1 tsp. Thyme
1 Tied Bunch of Bouquet Garni; usually consisting of Fresh Thyme, Parsley, Tarragon, Sage, &/or Rosemary, but any herb combo can be used.
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Prep the lamb roast by scoring it and rubbing it well with salt and pepper.
- Place lamb inside the air fryer basket/tray and place the tied Bouquet Garni next to the roast; this will give off aromatics as the roast cooks, flavoring the meat.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 320º F.
- Meanwhile, place the peeled and quartered potatoes into a bowl and season with salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme and extra virgin oil oil.
- After the initial 30 minutes cook time on the roast, turn the lamb, remove the garni bundle, and place potatoes around the roast filling in gaps (but ensure a single layer only.)
- Cook for an additional 25 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes and roast. Check the internal temperature of the roast. If the roast isn’t cooked to preferred doneness, place back into air fryer and continue to cook, checking every 5 minutes until done.
- If potatoes are not crisp, add them back in to continue cooking and check every 5 minutes until done.
- Allow lamb to rest for at least 10 minutes prior to serving.
If the roast isn’t cooking fast enough, feel free to cut it in half. This will speed up cooking.
Internal Temperature Info:
- Rare=118º-123º F
- Medium-Rare=131º-134º F
- Medium=140º-145º F
- Well=159º-165º F
Ensure you follow your own machines instructions for preparing food as each unit is different.