No matter if you are a seasoned pro or if you are new to cooking beef liver, this is a perfect recipe to try! It’s an amazing spin on the classic way to prepare traditional liver and onions!
1 lb. Beef Liver
1/2 Onion, sliced
Olive Oil Spray
1 tsp. Salt
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Wash the beef liver in cold water, pat dry and cut into 1 inch pieces. Place in a bowl.
- Slice the onions and add to the liver pieces in the bowl.
- Season the liver and onions with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Coat evenly.
- Place into the air fryer tray/basket in a single layer (may need to cook in several batches). Spray the top of the liver/onion mix.
- Cook for 12 minutes at 400º F. If not done, toss and keep cooking in 1 minute increments until done; being careful to not overcook as it can turn the liver tough, dry, and chewy. Instant read thermometer should read 165º F.
- Serve with chopped green onion (spring onion) or cilantro.
Adhere to your own machines instruction manual for proper cook times and food prep. A liner can be used to ensure no pieces fall through the basket/tray.
No need to soak liver in milk, but you can if you prefer!