These stuffed peppers are a hearty, delicious, quick meal for the family! Ground beef is utilized here, but feel free to use other animal meats or go meat-free!
Smother these stuffed peppers in cheese and feel free to use whatever seasonings you like to create your own type of stuffed peppers! Make them Mexican style, Italian style, Asian style, or whatever combo comes to mind!
4 Bell Peppers
1 lb. Lean Ground Beef (or whatever ground meat you wish to use, or use none at all)
1 tsp. Olive Oil
1 Small Onion, diced
1 tsp. Garlic, minced
1 c. Tomato Sauce
1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
2 c. Cooked Rice
2 c. Colby Jack Cheese
1 Tbsp. Fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- Prep the bell peppers by slicing them in half length-wise and scoop out the insides/seeds.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, onion, garlic, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the ground meat and cook until done.
- Add in the tomato sauce and seasonings to the ground meat mixture. Remove from heat.
- Mix in the cooked rice until combined.
- Stuff the peppers with the seasoned ground meat mixture and place peppers in a single layer in the air fryer basket. (Do not add the cheese on top yet.)
- Cook at 360º F for 10 minutes.
- Add on the shredded cheese and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove and add the freshly chopped parsley prior to serving.
The possibilities with this recipe is endless!
- Use ground chicken, turkey, lamb, pork, sausage mixture, etc.
- Add other toppings after serving like: sour cream, avocado, pico or other salsa, crispy cabbage slaw, etc.
- Other protein options: utilize black beans!
- Switch up the cheese too; use pepper jack, cojita, mozzarella, etc.
- Don’t want to use rice, utilize quinoa!
- Don’t have peppers; use squash or zucchini!
Always adhere to your own air fryer instructions for preparing and cooking food.
Ensure you use a single layer with space around each pepper. You may need to cook several batches to prevent soggy peppers.