This recipe helps those trying to find ways of utilizing all that blood that comes with harvesting animals. It can be an acquired taste, yet, if done right, can be some yummy sausage!
11 lbs. Boiled Meat of Pork Head
2.2 lbs. Fat Pieces
2.2 lbs. Boiled Rind
4-4 lbs. Blood Rind
4.4 lbs. Blood
1.1 lbs. Pearl Barley Soup
Spices per 2.2 lbs. compound:
- 310 grams Table salt
- 31 grams Pepper
- 16 grams Marjoram
- 31 grams Basil
- 16 gm Pimento
- Mince the boiled meat and the fat pieces together.
- Scald the skin and mince it warm.
- Mix it with the blood. Mix everything together.
- Fill it in natural casings and scald it. (1 min. for every 0.5inch of casing, 176 degrees.)
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freeze for longer storage.
This recipe is brought to you by Baker’s Green Acres’ very own Jill Baker.