When it’s berry season, you have to ensure you put some up (preserve) to enjoy over the winter (for those who have a winter.) This jam will help you make it through those dreary winter days.
This jam recipe combines two berries to create a duo jam that is sure to please everyone!
4 c. Fresh Blueberries, washed, sorted to remove stems and soft berries
4 c. Fresh Raspberries, washed, sorted to remove stems and soft berries
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp. Water
1.75 oz. Package Pectin
5 1/2 c Sugar
To Prepare Jam:
1. Combine berries with lemon juice, water, and pectin in a soup pot (or any deep pot.)
2. Place over high heat and bring to a hard boil (continues to boil when stirred), stir often.
3. Add in sugar and stir constantly until mixture returns to a boil.
4. Allow to boil for exactly 1 minute.
1. Ladle hot jam into hot, sterile jars leaving 1/4 head space.
2. Wipe rim of jars to remove any jam.
3. Seal with sterilized lids.
4. Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from water bath and place on a table lined with towels.
6. Allow to cool, untouched, for 24 hours
7. Label and store
If unsure how to process items in a water bath or for preservation information, please consult the current USDA guidelines.
This recipe is from a world community cookbook “Simply in Season” by Mary Beth Lind and Cathleen Hockman-Wert