Chicken Pizza Crust (Carnivore/Paleo)
This pizza crust is a favorite in the Baker family household. It counts as carnivore and supports a paleo or keto diet. This takes homemade pizza to a whole new level!
1.5 lb. Ground Chicken or Turkey
2 tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. Oregano
1 tsp. Thyme
1 tsp. Paprika
2–3 Cloves Fresh Garlic, diced
1 Dash Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix together thoroughly.
- Line a pizza sheet with parchment paper (or a silicone liner). Place the chicken mixture in the center of the pan. Put a second sheet of parchment paper over to top. Roll out to 1/8″ -1/4″ thick. A thinner crust will cook quicker and be crispier.
- Remove top parchment paper. Bake in 400º F oven for 15-25 minutes depending on the thickness.
- When the crust is nicely browned, remove from oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Top the crust with your favorite sauce and toppings and cheese.
- Bake again for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- You can be creative with your seasonings! Try using basil and fennel, try using fresh rather than dried herbs, etc.
- You can add cheese to the crust for a yummy flavor twist: try 1/2 cup Mozzarella and 1/4 c. Parmesan.
- Beware of overloading the pizza with toppings. Too thick a topping layer can leave the crust a little soggy.
- Ground beef will work ok with this recipe, but not as well as chicken or turkey. Ground pork is too fatty and doesn’t work well.