Gingery Butternut Squash Soup
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
A soup that will warm the body and comfort the soul. If stored properly, butternut squash will keep all winter long! What an amazing way to use what you worked so hard at growing!
2 Onions, chopped
2 Tbsp. Fresh Ginger, peeled and minced
2 Apples, peeled, seeded, and chopped
1 Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into cubes (Winter Squash will work as well, however, up the quantity to 2 cups.)
4 c. Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- In a large soup pot, sauté onions in 1 Tbsp. oil until translucent.
- Add into the pot the apples, squash, and broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until squash and apples are tender.
- Puree in blender until smooth.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Recipe from a world community cookbook ” Simply in Season” by Mary Beth Lind and Cathleen Hockman-Wert
Keywords: soup, broth, chicken, vegetable, ginger, squash, butternut, winter