50% meat of the head
10% fine meat
20% fatless skin
20% hot broth
Spices per kg compound:
47 gm pepper white
4 gm nutmeg
8 gm pimento
4 gm ginger
optional: 388 gm nitrate salt, onions
- Boil the pig’s head and remove bones.
- Mince the boiled meat and the fat pieces together.
- Scald the skin and mince it warm.
- Mince the meat roughly with the scalded skin and onions.
- Mix everything with broth and spices and fill in sterile casings, or press into a loaf pan.
- Boil. (1 min. for every 0,5inch of casing) if in casings
- Chill in pans if in loaf pans