This recipe kicks up the traditional liver and onions! A versatile dish that can be eaten alone, with rice, or even inside tacos!
- Slice, season, and flour pieces of liver.
- Brown in the bacon fat with chopped onion and green pepper.
- Add equal amounts of canned tomatoes and hot water.
- Add chili powder to taste. Simmer until liver is tender.
- Add cooked rice, and then half as much each of cooked peas and corn as of rice.
- Serve on hot crisp rounds of corn bread.
You can use any liver you prefer; chicken, pork, or beef!
Source of VITAMIN A, vitamin B’s, copper, folic acid, selenium, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium and iron (in an especially bioavailable form). It also contains Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10). VITAMIN D.
This recipe is brought to you by Baker’s Greens Acres’ very own Jill Baker.