Great way to utilize those MANY zucchini we all seem to have popping up all summer and into fall in our gardens. (Or from those rambunctious friends looking to share their bounty who leave them on your door step or in your mailbox.)
6 c. Zucchini
1 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Brown Sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 Pie Crusts
Butter for Topping
Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F.)
1. Peel zucchini, cut lengthwise, and remove seeds.
2. Slice into small chunks 1/4″ thick.
3. Transfer into a pot and cover with water.
4. Bring to a boil until tender, drain, and let cool.
1. Once cooled, transfer into a bowl and combine with remaining ingredients.
2. Pour mixture into the pie crust.
3. Place remaining crust on top and brush with butter.
Bake at 450 degrees (F) for 10 minutes, then reduce to 350 degrees (F) for 45 minutes.
This recipe was supplied by a fellow Tribe member without source information.