Don’t let the name fool you! You can make this as savory or as spicy as you want! A great go-to chicken recipe that’s a hit every time!
- 1 Whole Chicken, about 4 lbs.
- 1 Tbsp. Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Thyme, dried
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Combine all the spices in a bag or bowl.
- Rinse the chicken inside and out. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Rub the spices under the breast skin and on the skin of the whole bird.
- Place bird breast up in a covered pot (roasting pan or crock pot) and bake at 325° F for about 1 1/2 hours. Bird is done when the drum stick meat starts to pull away from the end of the bone, or the juices run clear when you poke the thigh.