- Yield: 18-24 squares 1x
These are healthy brownies in disguise! Just like the mock apple pie recipe, this is another way to use up those mounds of zucchini you have laying in your kitchen!
These are dense and chewie, just like the real deal. Even the best brownie connoisseur will never be able to tell these apart from the traditional brownie!
1 c. Flour
3/4 c. Whole Wheat Flour
1/3 c. Baking Cocoa (real cacao is preferred if you have it)
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
2–3 c. Zucchini, shredded
3/4 c. Sugar
3/4 c. Brown Sugar
1/2 c. Plain Yogurt
1/2 c. Oil or Lard
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2–1 c. Semisweet or Mint Chocolate Chips
1/2 c. Nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F)
Prepare Dry Ingredients:
1. Combine the flours, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a bowl
Prepare Wet Ingredients:
1. Combine egg, sugars, yogurt, oil/lard, and vanilla in a bowl until well incorporated.
1. Stir shredded zucchini in with dry ingredients until combined.
2. Add in wet ingredients and stir until incorporated.
3. Pour mixture into a greased 9×13 pan, spread mixture evenly.
4. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of batter.
5. Bake for 35-40 or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Recipe is taken from a world community cookbook “Simply in Season” by Mary Beth Lind and Cathleen Hockman-Wert
To purchase, visit:
Keywords: baked goods, sweets, brownies, chocolate, zucchini, lard